First-time in Bacolod Forest Park Resort
We were planning our high school batch summer getaway and we were looking for a fun place just within the vicinity of Bacolod City, the hub of the province of Negros Occidental, Philippines. Forest Park Resort came up in the discussion. I couldn’t comment as I haven’t been there before, although my mother has mentioned it during the Christmas holidays. As I was excited to see old friends, I was equally thrilled to see firsthand Forest Park Resort.
The resort is open from 9:00am to 6:00pm from Mondays to Fridays, and 8:00am to 7:00pm during Saturdays and Sundays. We arrived at past 9:00am and a few people were already entering the resort’s Water Garden, the entrance of which looked like a cave. We looked for our reserved cottage, a small hut near the pool area. It was a great spot because we had an open space where we can have our lunch al fresco.
The pool area was huge, with slides in the center for kids to play on. The pool is shallow, ideal for children, and getting into the pool was like a walk on a beach, literally and figuratively, that is.
There were areas for grilling. A canteen could be found at one side where we got our drinks. TAKE NOTE: Drinks are not allowed in the resort. Please follow the resort’s guidelines:
* Drinks are NOT ALLOWED such as drinking water, alcoholic drinks and soda.
* Cooking is NOT ALLOWED. (Only grilling is allowed and there are allotted grilling areas in the resort.)
* Fire arms and deadly weapons are NOT ALLOWED.
* Pets are NOT ALLOWED.
* Rice cooker, cauldron, or pots/food warmers are NOT ALLOWED.
* Only swimming attire is allowed. If unavailable, we have suits for sale and rent. (Cotton attire or any attire with metals are NOT ALLOWED)
When you rent a cottage, you get from free foodstuff. We used our consumable to avail of the soft drinks, while we brought our own food. Below are the rates of Forest Park Resort:
There are various parts in the resort where one can hold wedding receptions or birthday parties. There is also a lane which displays various kinds of animals, mostly bird species.
The Forest Park Resort is a good place for families to have fun. Kids will surely enjoy the resort’s amenities. Adults will also have a grand time just relaxing, chatting, and sharing a meal or two.
How to get there:
- Getting to Bacolod – Fly from Manila or Cebu.
- From the airport – Ride a shuttle van from the Bacolod-Silay airport to the downtown area (Bacolod City Public Plaza). It costs P150 per person.
- From the downtown area – Take the jeepney bound for Taculing. It will pass by the Bacolod Adventist Medical Center (formerly known as Sanitarium). Inform the driver to let you off the street going to the Forest Park Resort. Walk a little to the resort gate.
Forest Park Resort
Brgy. Taculing, Bacolod City, Philippines
Phone: +63 34 433 3114|+63 34 4332835|+63 917 796 1311