The Colors of the Philippines
If you watch this video from Wow Tapes, you will find that the Philippines — yes, that tropical archipelago with 7,107 islands in the Southeast Asia region — is a country that is full of colors, not just visually but in the true essence of the word.
The Philippines is a vibrant country that has a colorful history, with year-round festivities bursting with laughter and energy, and people that is full of warmth and positivism. From its sprawling urban metros to its remotest villages, the country has so much to offer that you cannot find in the pages of travel magazines. I have listed out 15 Reasons Why It’s More Fun In The Philippines, and I reiterate it once more through this post.
While a lot of travelers skip this country when they travel around Asia, there are now more ways to get to the Philippines, what with the cheapest flights available and thousands of destinations to choose from.
So, hop on and see where the end of the rainbow lies. That pot of gold might just be hidden somewhere in the Philippines. But treasure pot or not, it is truly a gem worth discovering and re-discovering.
Here are reasons why you should never miss the Philippines:
- Red – warm, smiling bunch of people. They say that the Philippines is the kindest country in the world. The cheery disposition of its citizens have earned the country respect at how resilient they are even at the face of adversity. Not only that, Filipinos are passionate in almost everything, and romantic, too. Just listen to how they put so much emotions in every lyric of a song and every food they prepare. Filipinos shine wherever they go.
- Orange – famous sunsets. Sit by Manila Bay and watch as the sun slowly descend at the horizon. It releases a wonderful color of orange that makes this brief moment of in-between day and night becomes magical. Now, try lounging by a hammock along the beach and let that magical moment capture you. That’s how the Philippines captivate its guests.
- Yellow – sunflowers, chrysanthemums, mangoes… the Philippines is as attractive as the flowers in your garden and as sweet as the fruits in a plantation. There are millions of flora and fauna species in its islands. Fruits and flowers bring life to a celebration. The Philippines, with its diverse culture, have many festivals all-year round and Filipinos sure know how to celebrate.
- Green – hills and mountains and trees. As fresh as the greens, the Philippines is a breathe of fresh air with lots of destinations that are not yet swarmed by tourists and crowds. And speaking of greens, the country has an energetic young generation that is full of creativity, fresh ideas, and talent.
- Blue – oozing with welcoming seas, lakes, waterfalls, and rivers. As an archipelago, the country is covered with so much water. The colorful underwater scene is a world a lot of people want to explore. And as inviting as the waters in a beach or pool, the hospitality of the Filipinos is like a potion that beckons you to stay a little longer.
- Indigo – dark night color that let the stars sparkle. Night time in the country is varied, from the bright neon lights in the city at one spectrum to the quiet evenings in the barrios at the other end. You can enjoy the comforts of a luxury hotel resort or rough it out in one of the small islands. Whatever way, you have several options laid out for you.
- Violet – deep sense of faith. Filipinos are devoted and you can find it by how they live out their faith, no matter what religion or belief they belong.
You’ll definitely go “wow!” when you get to the Philippines. It won’t always be a smooth ride though as there are surely some bumps along the way, but just hang tight and keep going because the journey can get as colorful as it gets. And like many Filipinos, there are many reasons to smile and look forward to the rainbow after the rain.