30 Travel Must-Haves You Can Find At #SMFeb30th
If you have vacation or travel plans this year or in the near future, whether it is somewhere near or out of the country, it is wise to keep a list of the things you need ahead of time. Don’t wait for the time to arrive and you go on a panic buying spree as you still have things not in your luggage. The best way is to take advantage of super sale events and check off those travel must-haves that you need to buy. Why not start it this weekend at the most-awaited #SMFeb30th Anniversary Sale?
SM knows that there is no February 30 in the calendar. It is, by the way, just the beginning of a year-long celebration of the 30 wonderful years of SM Supermalls and they are treating their patrons this February 29 for the first of the four one-day quarterly 30th Anniversary Super Sale. The three other schedules are April 30, July 30, and October 30.
Did you know that the first SM Mall is the one in North EDSA, which was then called as SM City (being the lone SM City at that time)? I used to spend my Wednesdays and weekends at SM North EDSA, which was one jeepney away from the University of the Philippines, where I attended college. Now, there are several other SM Malls all over the country and I think I have visited 25 of them already.
So, it’s a celebration of 30 years of fun shopping wherein you will get to enjoy 30% discounts, Php 30.00 off from select items, and Php 30.00 (USD 0.65) offers. Not only that, there is also March as the Fashion & Beauty Month, which will feature 30 best brands in this category; May as Dining Promotions, which will highlight a gastronomic feast of epic proportions with 30 best dining tenants; August as Cybermonth, which will emphasize 30 best gadgets; and October as the Family & Fashion Month, which will put 30 best fashion stores on the spotlight.
To top it off, SM collaborated with Disneyland Hong Kong on the latter’s 10th Anniversary celebration as they sent 30 lucky families of four to an all-expense paid trip to Hong Kong Disneyland.
Let’s get back to travel must-haves. If we can take advantage of cheap flights and affordable hotel rates, why not enjoy the opportunity with mall sale events? I’ve come up with a list of 30 generic travel items that you can pick while you are at it.
But even if you read this a year or more in the future, you can still find this post useful. All you have to do is to have a ready list on hand so when the calendar turns red, head off and grab a great bargain.
- Travel Bag – First and foremost, you have to pick for a durable travel bag. Some prefer to travel with a backpack while others want the comfort of a wheeled luggage bag.
- Packing Bag Set – You see those bags in various sizes where you can roll your clothes and compartmentalize them? These bags are very useful in organizing your clothing inside your luggage.
- Shoulder Bag or Cross-body Bag – When you travel, it’s always convenient to have a shoulder or cross-body bag handy where you can keep your valuables secure and close to you.
- Waterproof Bag Cover – Bag covers were conceptualized to keep bags from getting wet or scratched. But with recent concerns in airports, it is also a way to keep others from opening your luggage behind your back.
- Cap or Hat – A headwear can protect you from various elements, especially from the wind and the sun, as well as a good fashion accessory.
- Scarf or Bandana – This fashion piece has multiple functions and you’ll find this handy when you travel.
- Jacket – Even on a hot day, it’s good to include a jacket in your baggage, which you can use in the airport or plane, as well as during drizzles or slight weather changes.
- Sunglasses – A pair of good shades is good to have when traveling. Not only can it offer you protection, it is also a good fashion piece as well as a functional stuff to hide your eye bags or drooping eyes. It also helps keep obstinate strangers away.
- Swimsuit – Whether you are heading to a beach or a busy city, just bring a piece of swimming wear. Your hotel might have a pool where you can have a night dip or a morning exercise while on travel.
- Towel – It’s always safe to have a small towel in your luggage as you can use this as cover, at the beach, and other functions, especially if you are conscious of your sanitary practices.
- Toiletry Bag – You can keep your toiletries and commodities in one bag that you can easily carry to the shower.
- Bath Set – If you are aware of the limitation on the amount of liquids you can carry on a plane, then it is better to have a bath set in little bottles.
- Wipes – Sanitary wipes have various uses. If you cannot carry as much liquid, like alcohol, wipes with alcohol content is another option.
- Flip Flops – You can wear this at the beach or when you are in your accommodation or for some short walks or to match your informal look.
- Sturdy Shoes – This is something you can use for a hike. Also, there are places that may not accept guests in slippers so you need to have some casual or semi-formal shoes during this situation.
- Socks – You can use a pair of socks with your shoes or to ward off the cold or to keep mosquitoes from biting you or for whatever purpose while on the road. It’s small and light, so it won’t hurt bringing a pair during a trip.
- Travel Pillow – Others prefer to have a travel pillow while travelling especially during a long flight or road trip. There are inflatable pillows so you can just fold this and tuck this in your hand carry luggage.
- Eye Mask – This is your travel pillow’s partner. You can use this while you are mobile or in your hotel so you get a good night sleep to prepare you for another long day ahead.
- Sunblock – You’ll need this when you will be going to the beach or having a long stroll or if the itinerary demands that you stay out under the sun all day long.
- Medicine Kit – A first aid kit is something convenient to bring. Include some medicines for stomach problems and other emergency illnesses in your kit.
- Camera – Oh, it’s a must have, especially for the purpose of capturing those precious moments. You can use our smart phone for this but it’s still different to have a camera that can produce good quality photos.
- Powerbank – You’ll never know how long you will stay on the road. If your smart phone battery dies on you, you’ll need to keep it alive to stay connected.
- Chargers – There are chargers that are of poor quality, so make sure your charger is functioning well, or else, it might be time to get a new one.
- Adapter – Some countries have a different plug sockets that you will need to have an adapter to connect your electronic devices.
- Headphones – If you are in a plane or on the road and you just want to have some private time, you turn to music to keep you entertained or cheer you up or set the mood. But others might not want to listen to your playlist so a pair of ear pieces can help you with that.
- Water bottle – It’s always useful to have a water bottle with you. If you are travelling by plane, empty your water bottle but you can still use this when you get to your destination especially if your itinerary is filled with long walks.
- Passport holder – Keep your passports, documents and important IDs and cards in a passport holder and always have it close to you so you will not lose it.
- Book – Those moments when you are at the port waiting for your travel schedule or at the coffee shop waiting for the person you want to meet or just enjoying the breeze by the beach, park or hill, a good book is a wonderful travel companion.
- Pen and notebook – Whether you are a writer or not, a small notebook and a pen is always important. For those traveling abroad, a pen is necessary to fill out the immigration forms. It is also useful to note down addresses, contact numbers, and places you visit. Whatever it is, just jot those notes down and you’ll find them valuable in the end.
- Luggage Tag – And as you close your travel bag and think everything’s packed, don’t forget to put a luggage tag to keep your baggage identified. There are instances when suddenly your bag doesn’t come out of the conveyor belt, so it’s easy to contact you by anyone who finds your lost luggage.
In the end, it is always good to do a little bit of research so that you know what to put in your luggage when you are out for a trip. So there, summer is just around the corner. Get ready for your vacation. Make sure you have everything complete. Happy shopping!