El Nido travel guide
El Nido is indeed one of the most wonderful locations on the planet! The tropical paradise is one of the 7000 islands in the Philippines, and the island is sure to keep you entranced for life. It is indeed one of the most beautiful places ever seen what with those soft white beaches and blue waters and hidden lagoons. Browse AirAsia flights right now if planning a trip to the glorious island.
Here is a brief travel guide on El Nido.
Where is El Nido?
El Nido lies south-west of Manila and is the gateway to the Bacuit archipelago. It is situated in Bacuit Bay and lies on the northernmost tip of mainland Palawan. It comprises of 45 islands, and each of those carries unique geological formations.
When to visit El Nido?
You can visit El Nido at any time of the year but the most popular months are between November and May. El Nido does not get any typhoons, unlike the rest of the archipelago. Just check out the city’s weather and climate before you leave.
How to reach El Nido?
You can take a direct flight to El Nido, and there are several cheap El Nido flights operating from major towns like Manila. El Nido is also accessible via boat, bus and minivan, and all one needs to do is book the transport in advance from the airport.
Where to stay in El Nido?
There are plenty of resorts, hotels, and small hotels along the streets of Town Proper, which is the liveliest. Accommodations on Corong-Corong and the islands are known for the luxury resorts. The town proper is the best choice if you are looking just for convenience.
What to do and see in El Nido?
As there is a lot to do and see in El Nido, one should plan their itinerary well to get the most out of their trip.
- Go for an island-hopping tour – The protected area with 45 paradise islands is known as the most beautiful islands in the whole world. There are different tours to cover those islands in Bacuit Bay.
- Discover secret beaches on a kayak – Rent a kayak to explore the surrounding beaches and islands. It is indeed a unique experience as you kayak to the islands and explore them and their stunning wildlife.
- A magical flight between islands- Why not Zipline from one island to the other for a thrilling experience? It is indeed a bit of adventure and zipping during dawn or sunset adds to the experience.
- A walk on the Corong-Corong Beach – Another favorite activity among the tourists is walking on Corong-Corong Beach, which is a lovely quiet beach. Just follow the coastline and enjoy the experience.
- Enjoy the sunset at Las Cabanas – Las Cabanas Beach is amazing not just for swimming, sunbathing or enjoying local delicacies at one of the many beach bars. It is also famous for its glorious sunsets.
Where to eat in El Nido?
Although El Nido boasts of many restaurants and cafes, there are a few that truly stand out, and these are Art cafe and Trattoria Altrove. Enjoy delicious Italian dishes at Altrove, and their wood-fired oven pizza, pasta, and risotto are to die for. Art cafe is best known for its local craft beers as well as a view of the beach and Cadlao Mountain.
Where to shop in El Nido?
El Nido boasts of many shops and stores where you can shop for traditional souvenirs and local handicrafts. Some of the most popular spots include Miniloc Resort, Art Shop, El Nido Boutique & Art cafe. You can shop for fridge magnets, candles, bracelets, bags, scarves, desk decorations, and more.