Tips on choosing the right wear for travel
Travelling is not just about going places and taking selfies in various landmarks. There are more things that need to be thought over when one takes a trip to another place, especially in a different country or continent. Time zones, weather, foreign exchange, visa requirements and all other important information have to be taken into consideration when travelling. Most of all, choosing the right apparels that are suitable to the place must be given much thought when planning for a trip.
Often you spend hours looking at your closet trying to choose and match the clothes you need to bring for the journey. On the other hand, there are some who just dump anything their hands can grab from their pile of clothes into their luggage. Clothing is an important part of travelling. If it’s something that you need help when it comes to trip planning, here are a few tips for you on choosing the right wear for travelling.
- Comfort is the utmost concern. Choose clothes that you are most comfortable to wear. Travelling entails walking and doing other activities. Your wardrobe should neither get in the way of your actions nor become bothersome for you.
- Mix colorful and neutral clothes. It’s nice to have garments that stand out when you take pictures. But overdoing that might not be good to the eyes. Outfits with neutral colors allow you to mix and match. While you go for comfort, it doesn’t hurt to go in style and be fashionable. Remember that you’ll be taking photos to immortalize your trip. You don’t want to regret later on having clothes that are not presentable to the sight.
- Bring scarves and other covering. A scarf or a shawl has multiple uses during travelling. They can protect you from the cold and make you appear modish. It is also necessary when you are in a strict place where you need to cover certain portions of the body.
- Match clothing with the weather. Don’t forget to check the weather before your trip. I made a mistake of bringing summer clothes to Hong Kong only to be greeted by cold, foggy surroundings for three days straight. I had to buy extra layers of clothes and socks.
- Be mindful of cultural requirements. There are destinations where you have to practice cultural consideration. Religious places, for example, are sensitive to the lack of clothing of visitors. Do a bit of research prior to your journey.
- Pack light. Bring less bulky clothes and those that you can easily fold or roll.
Comfy, quality clothes in Uniqlo Lifewear
Some of the clothes that I love to wear when I travel are those I find in Uniqlo. They are light and made of quality materials. I can also easily mix and match them. Most of all, they are comfortable to wear. Their clothes are simple and essential yet universal, so people can freely combine them with their own unique styles, in any way they choose.
Uniqlo Lifewear is apparel that comes from the Japanese values of simplicity, quality and longevity. Designed to be of the time and for the time, LifeWear is made with such modern elegance that it becomes the building blocks of each individual’s style. A perfect shirt that is always being made more perfect. The simplest design hiding the most thoughtful and modern details. The best in fit and fabric made to be affordable and accessible to all. LifeWear is clothing that is constantly being innovated, bringing more warmth, more lightness, better design, and better comfort to people’s lives.
UNIQLO opens 60th Philippine store in Bacolod
Japanese global apparel retailer, UNIQLO, announces the opening of its 60th store in the Philippines. It is the second UNIQLO store in Bacolod City, bringing LifeWear to more Negrenses. Located at the ground floor of the Ayala Malls Capitol Central, the new store will open its doors on October 18, 2019.
Following the success of the UNIQLO SM Bacolod store, the opening of the UNIQLO Ayala Capitol Central marks the growing commitment of UNIQLO to provide simple, innovative, and high-quality clothing to the Filipinos.
Soon, more Negrenses can shop for the retailer’s pieces, a collection of apparel rooted in the Japanese values of simplicity, quality, and longevity. Each garment is crafted with the best fit and fabrics and is constantly innovated to give more warmth and lightness. The UNIQLO Ayala Central Capitol Store will showcase the complete line-up of UNIQLO LifeWear including 2019 Fall/Winter collection featuring new and on-trend styles for the cold season; and essentials, such as U Crew Neck T-shirts, EZY jeans and ankle pants, DRY-EX, AIRism, and loungewear collections.
On the opening weekend, from October 18 to 20, customers can get a chance to receive a limited-edition UNIQLO U Packable Bag with a minimum purchase of P2,500, and enjoy daily limited offers on select items.
There will also be exclusive limited offers from October 18-24 on U Crew Neck T-shirts (from P590 to P490), Mickey Stands Graphic S/S T-shirt (from P590 to P490), Chino shorts (from P990 to P790), EZY Ankle Pants (from P1490 to P1290), Hybrid Down Parka (from P4,990 to P 3,990) and many more.
For more updates, customers may download the UNIQLO mobile app, visit UNIQLO Philippines’ website at www.uniqlo.com/ph and social media account, Facebook (facebook.com/uniqlo.ph), Twitter (twitter.com/uniqloph) and Instagram (Instagram.com/uniqlophofficial).